CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »








We want to welcome you to our family blog. We are posting this as a way to keep in touch with family and friends and we hope that you enjoy reading about the events that happen in our family. Kasey is currently preaching part-time at Holland's Gin Church of Christ (www.hollandsgin.weebly.com) and works full-time as the store manager for McClary Tire Co. I am a full-time wife and mother. God has blessed us with two beautiful boys: Chase, age 12 and Hunter, age 5.

Come visit our Bible Classes at Holland's Gin Church of Christ!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Holland's Gin Classes
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow
Kasey and I are so blessed to be a part of the church family at Holland's Gin Church of Christ. Kasey preaches there part-time with Carl Witty serving as their full-time preacher. We would really love for you to visit us and bring your children to our Bible Classes, too. To find out more about the Church that meets at Holland's Gin and their Bible Classes visit the following website: www.hollandsgin.weebly.com. Come study with us!

Family Portraits 2010

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Family Pictures 2010
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This picture slideshow created with Smilebox

Journal Entries

Thank you for joining us today! We hope you enjoy catching up with us. Feel free to leave comments on our blog. We would love to hear from you!

Battle with my sister's Cream Cheese Danish

Okay, I know the title to today's entry is silly. But, that is how I felt yesterday when I went to Kelly's Premiere Jewelry Party yesterday. She made a scrumpious-looking cream cheese danish. I even helped her prepare it in between some of her other chores while she was trying to get ready for the other ladies to arrive. I mixed up the great smelling ingredients in the bowl and made the glaze. I even drizzled the glaze on the top of the danish when it was fresh out of the oven. It smelled so good!

I had a great time at her party. But, I was distracted at times by this nagging question, "How much damage could eating a piece of that cream cheese danish do to my new healthy eating lifestyle?" I know that sounds so silly. I also know that I have extra weekly WW points that I can use on things like that, too. I also knew that since today is Labor Day, my WW meeting was cancelled and I don't have to weigh in.

But, I finally decided not to eat a piece of that cream cheese danish. I know that it probably would not have hurt anything at all to eat it. I know that I would not blow up to another size overnight by eating it. However, I know my reaction to eating something so yummy - I would want to keep eating it over and over again. Because with sweets, I know I am like an alcoholic is to his drink. One taste and I am hooked and need more. I am not the type that only one little bite can satisfy.

At first, I felt a little deprived by not eating it. But, I was also proud of myself for not "giving in". Not because I thought eating it was a bad thing. It is okay to eat things like that once in a while. But, because I took control knowing how my mind and body would react to that "one little piece." Some people can eat "that one piece" and it will satisfy them and they won't even look at something sweet again for a long time. That is not the case with me.

I have twenty more pounds to lose to reach my goal and I know I will be faced with more of these silly battles in my mind over food. Right now, I feel good about myself and feel like I can win my battles over food. I'll just keep taking one day at a time...

2 comments:

Leanne Helums said...

WOW!! That is great. You have wonderful self control. I am sure that no matter how hard I tried I would have given in to that and any other good looking food. Keep it UP!!

Harbin Family said...

Thanks, Leanne. I know it is kind of crazy and probably obsessive at times to worry so much about "one little bite". But, I know where those "little bites" have gotten me in the past. I am not strong enough and don't have enough willpower after that little taste to stop at just one piece. So, it's best I just avoid that first piece and do without it. I am glad I am finally realizing that. Thanks so much for your encouragement.

Post a Comment