CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »








We want to welcome you to our family blog. We are posting this as a way to keep in touch with family and friends and we hope that you enjoy reading about the events that happen in our family. Kasey is currently preaching part-time at Holland's Gin Church of Christ (www.hollandsgin.weebly.com) and works full-time as the store manager for McClary Tire Co. I am a full-time wife and mother. God has blessed us with two beautiful boys: Chase, age 12 and Hunter, age 5.

Come visit our Bible Classes at Holland's Gin Church of Christ!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Holland's Gin Classes
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow
Kasey and I are so blessed to be a part of the church family at Holland's Gin Church of Christ. Kasey preaches there part-time with Carl Witty serving as their full-time preacher. We would really love for you to visit us and bring your children to our Bible Classes, too. To find out more about the Church that meets at Holland's Gin and their Bible Classes visit the following website: www.hollandsgin.weebly.com. Come study with us!

Family Portraits 2010

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Family Pictures 2010
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This picture slideshow created with Smilebox

Journal Entries

Thank you for joining us today! We hope you enjoy catching up with us. Feel free to leave comments on our blog. We would love to hear from you!

Friday, June 5, 2009

Today was the last day of Cub Scout Day Camp for Chase. This event was held at Point Mallard in Decatur, AL. This week had its ups and downs for Chase. But, overall, he had a great time. The theme of this year's day camp was "CSI - Cub Scout Investigations". He really liked learning more about DNA today. He is very proud of his kite that he made also. He has more confidence in his BB and Archery skills now. In the beginning of the week, he did not do as well as he wanted and others made fun of him. But, he kept at it all week and he said that his skills got better by the end of the week. He was proud of himself for that. He also made a new friend and hopes to keep in touch with him. His new friend is also from Athens and goes to school at Julian Newman. Hopefully, it shouldn't be too hard to keep them in touch with one another. They exchanged phone numbers and addresses.

I will post pictures soon!

I have been doing pretty good sticking to my Points Plan from Weight Watchers. I also exercised on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and today. I am going to keep up the exercise daily if I can. I bought a "Walking" exercise video by Leslie Sansone. With the video, I walk 4 miles in 47 minutes. That is just a little less than 12 minutes per mile! I have never been able to do that on a treadmill. I will weigh in at my Weight Watcher's meeting on Monday, June 8, 2009 and hope to see some good results after my first week as a member. I have really been encouraged by tools on their website and by the other ladies and teachers at the class last week.

I only hope that I can keep this enthusiasm and that it won't fade. In the past, I have always been very motivated, only to later lose focus and go back to my old self-destructive ways of eating unhealthy foods again. I have got to find some way to stay focused on this new lifestyle and realize that if I want to be fit and healthy, that I have got to make better choices for the rest of my life. I also need to remind myself that I need to take care of this body that God gave me.

I found the following article online and it really has helped me. If I start "slipping" into my old habits and want to give up, I am going to read this over and over again. If you have the same problems I do, I hope you enjoy reading a copy of this article below and that it will help you like it has me:

Article - People have always used the Bible for guidance in their life. Your faith can be of great help when you are struggling in life. People who have developed a relationship with God know which Bible scripture to turn to for every problem in their life. In this article I will give you some Bible scriptures that have helped people lose weight.

Read these scriptures to confirm for yourself that God will help you lose the weight through the Bible scriptures.

Phillippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Transforming your old habit into a new and healthier habit is a difficult thing to do without help. Join a group, follow a program and whenever possible share your experiences with others. You can have more success while helping others. These scriptures can help you with that.

Proverbs 3:28 Say not unto thy neighbor, Go, and come again, and to morrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee.

Hebrews 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

You do not have to do it alone. These scriptures will help you ask for the help you need.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Psalms 16:7 I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.

We have an obligation to God, to ourselves and our loved ones, to take care of our health and our body. And losing weight is one way to do so.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Do not wait, start losing weight today. These scripture will help you to stop procrastinating and ask God for help.

Proverbs 6:9 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? When wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?

Phillippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Throughout your journey to lose weight this scripture will help you to stop eating junk.

1 Corinthians 10:31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.

These Bible scriptures combined with your self-discipline and a good weight loss program is a guarantee for success.

I hope you enjoyed the article above! Thanks for visiting with me today!
Sincerely,
Kimberly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with your Weight Watchers journey! Thanks for posting the above article...I need all the help I can get! I'm trying to tame the "Hungry Monster" myself! It's a non-stop battle for me.....my sweet tooth always gets in the way!
Carolee Watkins

Harbin Family said...

Thank you, Carolee! I really need the encouragement to stick with this! I have purchased a couple boxes of Weight Watchers "1 point and 2 point) snacks that might cure my sweet tooth when that little "hungry monster" shows up! Luckily, I have only had to go into that box once this past week! Yeah!

Post a Comment